Dark patches are a common problem that can affect people of all age groups and generally these are seen due to the improper production of melanin. Dark patches can be recognized in various ways such as age spots, freckles, etc. According to many doctors and physicians, dark patches are also referred as hyper-pigmentation and there can be several reasons causing dark patches.
Armpits darkening, also known as axillary darkening is common problem with both men and women. Many women avoid wearing sleeveless dress because of their dark underarm. To help women get rid of the dark patches, there are creams and bleaches available in the market. Moreover, consulting a skin doctor can help them know the right medication but it is good to understand the real cause of the problem before taking the medications.
Reasons of Dark Patches in the Underarm
Individuals shave to get rid of the unwanted hair from their underarms. However, not using the right kind of shaving cream or razor to remove the hair can cause dark patches on the underarms.
- Dead Skin Cells:
According to many dermatologists and physicians, dark patches on the underarms can happen due to the growth of the dead skin cells that are hidden on the microscopic parts of the skin.
- Using Antiperspirant and Deodorant:
Using antiperspirants and deodorants can cause dark patches on the underarms. Moreover, there are cases of skin discoloration because of the presence of certain ingredients in these products. Therefore, stopping the use of these products can help one get rid of the underarms’ dark patches.
Another reason causing armpits’ dark patches is hyper-pigmentation which is a medical condition where the skin produces excess melanin than it should.
- Acanthosis Nigricans:
This is a medical condition affecting various parts of the body such as the neck, underarms, etc. Moreover, people suffering from this disease can have brown and black markings on their body.
Remove Dark Patches in the Underarm: Treatment:
- Firstly, to remove the dark patches from your armpit use a good quality razor and women should prefer waxing than shaving to get rid of the unwanted hair. Waxing is a better alternative than shaving because it removes the unwanted hair from the root and the hair growth takes more time too. However, women who cannot withstand the pain of waxing can choose a razor having moisturizing lining. Make sure to apply moisturizer after shaving to avoid drying of the armpit due to dehydration.
- It is not recommended to shave the armpit with a used razor, as this can cause bacterial infection. Therefore, it is advisable to use good quality razor and change the same after using.
- Using antiperspirant instead of deodorant can help one get rid of the dark patches in the underarms. Using a deodorant having alcohol can cause dryness of the skin, as well as contains chemicals that can cause irritation. Make sure to invest in branded antiperspirants to avoid the side effects.
- Lemon is a good bleaching agent, which can help in whitening the skin if used regularly. Clean your armpit properly and then apply lemon juice. Leave it at least for 15 minutes and then rinse your underarm with water.
- Another natural and effective way of getting rid of the dark patches in the underarm is using alum powder and baking soda. One can use this mixture before going to bed and improve the pigmentation process. However, individuals having underarm dark patches due to the reasons should seek medical help and take the right medication.
Are your underarms itchy and irritating? Do you notice red bumps on your underarms that cause discomfort? If yes, then understanding the causes. That can help you learn the right solutions to your problem. Read the causes and treatment of itchy underarms as discussed below.
Irritated Underarms Reasons:
Underarm rashes can be painful and annoying. Although, the cause of underarms rashes are varied but it is advisable to take the right precaution at the right time. Here is the list of reasons causing itchy underarms due to rashes.
Underarm rash can happen due to allergic reaction usually caused due to certain products such as deodorants, soaps, etc. Moreover, there may be detergents causing allergic reaction. It is important to learn the appropriate reason causing allergy and look for an appropriate solution.
Folliculitis is the infection of the armpits causing itchy underarms, which can happen due to friction and shaving. People with a sensitive skin have increased chances of suffering from this problem than others. It is advisable to avoid shaving until the bumps disappear and choose a good quality shaving cream and razor.
This can happen due to the genetic disorder that shows symptoms of rashes, skin pigmentation, and non-cancerous tumors on the skin and nerves. It is good to seek medical help at the earliest to know the right solution if the problem persists.
Fungal infection can cause underarm rash and skin irritation too. Consulting a physician can help one know the kind of fungal infection that he or she suffers, as well as take the appropriate medication.
Irritated Underarms Treatment:
- Individuals suffering from irritated underarms due to allergy should avoid using products causing allergic reactions. Moreover, they should buy personal care products after knowing the ingredients present in them.
- Individuals having irritated underarms should wear comfortable clothes.
- Use moisturizers after shaving to keep the underarm hydrated and avoid drying. Moreover, using an antimicrobial soap can be helpful in maintaining the hygiene.